After reading "How do I ask the questions?" under Oral History Guidelines, I began to think of possible questions I would want to ask my interviewee. I thought about questions I would need answered in order to know more about Tom Sawyer Park and it's history.
What do you want to find out?
What is the primary goal of this oral history?
1. Why was the park chosen to be in this spot? Where there any other spots available to put the park in that was affordable?
2. Why was the park named after Erbon Powers Sawyer? Did he help plan the park? Was it his idea?
3. How long did it actually take to build the complete park?
4. Do you think anything will be added to the park and if so, what? and when?
5. Does the hospital still have a part of the land? If not, what happened to it and if so, does it contribute to the park at all with money, ideas, or events? How or why not?
6. How did you feel when the fire happened last year? Did it effect the park at all? How? Did people still come to the park often after it happened?
No comments:
Post a Comment