After reading the article, I can sort of understand what Daniel Wilson is saying. When he is discussing how people are saying technology is difficult nowadays, I can relate to that. Even though I am big on Apple's new technologies, I still don't understand all of it. When the iPad first came out, I didn't get it because I thought it was going to be a waste of money since it was a larger version of the iPhone. Eventually, I figured it would be pretty handy and felt like I had to have the newest version of the technology so I got the iPad 2. Newer technology only seems difficult but it really isn't.
My parents are never up to date with the newest technology. We still have a house phone because my mom doesn't feel like its necessary to have her cell phone on her all the time. Wilson talks about the radio, the telephone, and Facebook and how "each of them scared the heck out of an older generation". My parents talk to me all the time how they think it's stupid to have a Facebook because it just causes drama by everyone putting everything out there. I agree with her on that but she didn't grow up with a social network such as Facebook or Twitter so she doesn't completely understand it.
I agree with Wilson on the article about technology basically turning into robots and becoming complicated. However, I will always be that person that feels like they have to be up to date on all the newer technologies. I feel like since we have grown up learning and getting the new technologies that we'll stay up to date with them and not feel confused when we are older. There may be a point when we are older and realize we don't need this stuff and may stop buying them but until then, I think we will continue to keep up with technology.
No comments:
Post a Comment